CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Captain's Log, Stardate 01.12210

Yeah, I know, I haven't updated lately. I truly have been busy with crafts. I have some pics but can't find my camera to post them. Lovely, isn't it? I am sure it will turn up since I haven't taken out of this bedroom, but alas, it has disappeared. Things tend to do that in this house but always end up being found. Pixies? Fairies? Ghosts? Who knows. It can't be me and my older age. Nah, it can't be.
I have found something very addicting. Crocheting with wire. Now, I am doing just a simple chain stitch with beads, combining strands of chains to make a bracelet and I even made a necklace using two strands. I made some earrings. Again, a chain stitch, beads and a slip stitch. I did attempt to do something a little bit more complicated, but I think I need to use a smaller gauge of wire. At least until I get the feel of this new thing. Then I can use bigger gauges.
I also learned a fabulous new crochet stitch: the Tunisian knit stitch. I am soooo excited about this one!!! I love how knit things look. Love it! I can't knit. I would need to sit with someone who does know for about a week and just do nothing but knit to get it. Yeah, yeah, I know. But it is easier when you are first learning to have someone tell you if you are doing something wrong as you are working. Back to the new stitch. Here is a link to the tutorial I used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Au16WDHVE I just chained a few to go on my regular crochet hook to see if I could do it. I could. And I was so excited I had to post it on Facebook. hahahaha OK, regarding the link I posted. I have used tutorials by Theresa before. I recognize the voice. There are some great ones. I love the slow motions that are done so you can see it very well. The tunisian knit stitch (they have a purl one as well I haven't tried........yet.) uses either afghan crochet hooks or what is labeled tunisian crochet hooks. I do not have these........yet. But you can bet your bottom I will soon. So, I am off to Ravelry to look for some patterns to try out and get the hang of this new found discovery of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment