CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Post Halloween and All It Entails

Well, Halloween is over. I was sweating it a bit. I hadn't started my job yet, I was down to less than $40.00 in the bank account and no child support check for October. But, thankfully, Kroger had what I needed. Fake blood and one last "wound" left. CJ wanted to be a zombie. Easy peasy! We got a T-shirt, ripped it in a few places of his choosing. I let him muck it around in the dirt a little bit. I applied the fake blood and laid it outside to dry. When Trick or Treating time got close, I just changed out his shirt, applied the fake wound, put blood on his face and arms, applied some eye shadow blended to the max and Presto! Instant Zombie! He got a LOT of candy this year. I do the thing my parents did: dole out the candy. He has been REALLY good about that!!!! So, because he hasn't badgered me about it, I make him an offer of more candy. Just a couple of pieces at a time. If things go like last year and all the previous years, he will forget about the candy after about a week. Then remember it intermittently. :-)

I have been doing a TON of crocheting lately. The difference between now and before: people are actually paying for my things! I am making some charity things. But, for the most part, I'm getting paid to crochet! I am going to throw up some pics and all later today. I started my job on Friday. It was only the orientation. Today, it is computer testing. The good thing: I have a job. Bad thing: it only pays $7.25 an hour and is less than 30 hours a week. CJ and I have to be out of dad's in January. It occurred to me just a short time ago that the date he gave me was right after the holidays. January 5th. So, I am not sure what I am going to do. Right now, I am not worrying about it too much. I have to get through his birthday on Sunday. I am thinking about asking him to postpone it until the next weekend. We shall see.

Look back later today for an update with pictures on what I am making and how you can purchase what I make, if you desire to buy something. :-)

Have a groovy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment